Sometime before September 13th, you should go check out the All Arlington Salon 2008 at the Ellipse Arts Center in Ballston. Located on N. Fairfax Street, it's just one block from the metro, and should you choose to drive, you could probably easily find parking at the Ballston Mall lot on N. Glebe Road.The show is a nonjuried exhibition of artists who live or work in Arlington. The show was one of the best-organized shows I've ever seen. They did an excellent job of grouping the artworks together and of creating a show that moves well from one end of the room to the other.
Check out my friend's wooded lake landscape painting, the top middle, above. You can also find her on Etsy at www.HoansArt.etsy.com.
----------------------
So apparently I love picking up brochures, etc. (actually, saying that just brought back a childhood memory of the shoebox I kept of brochures I picked up on vacation).
Here are some things I thought were interesting enough to pick up:
McLean Project for the Arts's artfest—Sunday, October 5. If I'm not out of town that weekend (was thinking about going to Austin), who wants to go with me?
Washington Project for the Arts
Flik Festival. The screening date has passed, but it looks like there's an exhibition that goes through August 29. It's sponsored by Art Outlet and Art Whino (who just moved from Old Town Alexandria to National Harbor).
Arlington Arts Center's Picturing Politics 2008 exhibit looks really, really cool. It's going on from August 15th through September 27. Again, who wants to go with me?
FOTOWEEKDC looks really effing cool. I'll be looking forward to hearing and seeing more about that in the fall. They're calling for entries right now. I'll be thinking about it, if I can ever make it back into a darkroom...
Here are some things I thought were interesting enough to pick up:
McLean Project for the Arts's artfest—Sunday, October 5. If I'm not out of town that weekend (was thinking about going to Austin), who wants to go with me?
Washington Project for the Arts
Flik Festival. The screening date has passed, but it looks like there's an exhibition that goes through August 29. It's sponsored by Art Outlet and Art Whino (who just moved from Old Town Alexandria to National Harbor).
Arlington Arts Center's Picturing Politics 2008 exhibit looks really, really cool. It's going on from August 15th through September 27. Again, who wants to go with me?
FOTOWEEKDC looks really effing cool. I'll be looking forward to hearing and seeing more about that in the fall. They're calling for entries right now. I'll be thinking about it, if I can ever make it back into a darkroom...
No comments:
Post a Comment