Saturday, November 8, 2008

Green Festival!

A coworker friend and I spent all day at the green festival at the DC convention center on Saturday. We spent nearly six hours there--there were so many great vendors and events and speakers. In addition to a minimassage and a 15-minute acupuncture session at the booth for Tulsi holistic living center, as well as delicious Indian, vegetarian fare from one of my favorite restaurants in DC--Nirvana--I got information from so many great vendors. Here are some links to things that I picked up that I found to be pretty cool:

Live Green
The Art of Living
Food and Water Watch
Earth Presents (recycled gift wrap)
Tranquil Space (yoga studio and more)
TranquiliT (clothing)
We Add Up (One of my favorites--go to their site; it's amazing)
Nepalese Paper (I bought a few of their gorgeous bodhi leaf cards)
in2green (products made from recycled yarn)
Co-op America (one of the sponsors)
Jute and Jackfruit (clothing and accessories)
House of Mongrel (clothing for kids)
carbonfund.org (A carbon offsetting organization)
chocolaterra (organic chocolate truffles)
Print Net (eco-friendly printing and packaging company)
Green Body & Home (just what it sounds like)
nest (green home products)
Ashoka (sustainable tourism)
MOM (My Organic Market)
Eco Geek Living
CarbonfreeDC (a local organization promoting the reduction of carbon emissions)
Ella Vickers (recycled sailcloth bags, accessories, and decor)
Global Exchange
Think Local First DC
Better World Books
Pangea (amazing-smelling body products)
Humane Education (sponsors workshops)
Helen Riegle (clothing and accessories)
Klean Kanteen (stainless steel bottles--I bought one and love it! I like to think about all of the plastic I'm avoiding using everytime I drink out of it!)

It was such a great time. I'm looking forward to going again next year!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Kathryn!! long time no speak! hey glad to see you had fun at the Green Festival! I actually work on top of Tulsi holistic living spa! They make the best smelling neighbor!